Mythandsilver.com is a website and trading name of Threader Limited, a company established in England and Wales under Company Number 12940683.
We respect your privacy and and we are committed to protecting your personal data.
1. Who we are and what this policy is for
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our email is: email@example.com.
Our registered office address and address for correspondence is 78 Homefield Avenue, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 8GA. We do not accept visitors in person.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data that we collect
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title
- Contact Data includes delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
All of our payments are processed by third party providers (e.g. Paypal). We do not therefore collect or retain Financial Data such as bank account information or credit card details. When you make a payment through Paypal, we are notified of the transaction ID and we are sent any contact information that you have provided to Paypal, but we are not provided with Financial Data.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods). In this case, we may have to cancel an order you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How do we collect your data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity and Contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you apply for our products, create an account on our website, subscribe to our newsletter, request marketing to be sent to you, enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third parties. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as: Technical Data from the following parties: (a) analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; (b) advertising networks such as Google Adwords and Facebook which may be based inside OR outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Paypal which may be based inside or outside the EU.
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have requested information such as our newsletter.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any marketing email you receive from us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
- To register you as a new customer
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact
- Legal base – Performance of a contract with you
- To process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications
- Legal base – (a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Marketing and Communications
- Legal base – (a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications
- Legal base – (a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business)
- To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
- Legal base – (b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical
- Legal base – Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- Data – (a) Technical (b) Usage
- Legal base – Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
- Data – (a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile (f) Marketing and Communications
- Legal base – Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business) MARKETING We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Generally we do not engage in passing our customer’s detail to third parties. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product experience or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of your personal data
Klarna privacy notice
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with .
6. International transfers of data
Your data may sometimes be processed or stored outside of the EEA for the purpose of:
- backups of data which are currently provided by Dropbox and our website hosts, EuroVPS
- part of our payment systems which are currently provided by Paypal
- emails which are currently provided by Google Gsuite
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Questions? Please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.